Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's a baby!

Curtis and I had our first ultrasound today! We are excited to share with the world that we are expecting baby numero uno!

We've known that I am pregnant for about 4 weeks, but wanted to get through this first appointment before spreading the news.


The appointment was super long... like 2.5 hours, but it was all worth it. We met with the nurse and went over all the pregnancy stuff. Then we went in to meet the doctor and have an ultrasound. He had an intern that he was working with so we had a small party in the u/s room. They put the machine in my "you know what" and went to town. We saw the baby (2 arms, 2 legs and a head, phew) saw and heard the heartbeat (which was 175 bpm) and even saw the baby move.

The baby is only about an inch long but can already move, so strange.

Since the intern was there they decided to have a look around so he could see some other stuff. They found ovaries, found the umbilical cord, saw the placenta, and some other stuff that they both found interesting, but didn't really mean anything to me. So then they kept probing around and found 3 more eggs (eggs that didn't fertilize) They looked like black balls. I didn't ask what happened to those eggs, but I should have. Do they just go away? Do I pass them? Where do they go? That was really weird, but fun to see. Most women don't get to see those things.

I had some blood drawn and we finally went our merry way!

What a miracle it was. I'm so glad that Curtis was able to take the day off from work, hearing our tiny baby's heart beat was AMAZING and I wouldn't have wanted him to miss it!!

So that's that, were going to parents and were so happy!



Oh... here's a picture of baby Moore. Cute huh?

3 comments:

Mari said...

Congratulations!! I hope everything goes great for you! Have you been feeling sick at all?

The Moore Family said...

I've been feeling fine. *knock on wood* No morning sickness so far...

Flee said...

YAY!!!! I think a high heart beat like that means it's a boy. I'm not 100%, but I think. And as for the other eggs, you should totally talk to your dr. about that. I want to know what happens. What if they had all got fertilized! You'd have 4 babies all at once! Holy crud!