Friday, February 27, 2009

Pregnancy, what a pain...

sci·at·i·ca
Pronunciation: \-a-ti-ka\
Function: noun
: pain along the course of a sciatic nerve especially in the back of the thigh ; broadly : pain in the lower back, buttocks, hips, or adjacent parts



What this means to me - PAIN, IN THE BUTT! Literally.

About 2 weeks ago we were at the in-laws house having dinner & I told Curtis that it felt like I had a charlie horse on my right "cheek". He didn't think much of it and I didn't either... I went on my merry way and didn't really think about it much. The next week I started noticing it again, it wasn't a horrible pain, just annoying.

Then Monday it got bad... REALLY BAD! Curtis was massaging my butt because it was really hurting me. He used the massager for about 5 minutes - when he was done I thought I would get up and walk it off... WRONG. I couldn't get off the bed, the pain in my butt was shooting down my leg... it hurt so bad I literally could not move. I tried to crawl off the bed and ended up face planting on my pillow. I laid in bed for about 5 minutes before calling my mom to ask her what to do. She said to put heat on it, then cold. I did, but it didn't help.

I couldn't walk - Curtis had to drag me. He put me in the bath-tub and then had to pull me out when I couldn't get out on my own. He basically carried me to the bathroom when I had to go.

I couldn't sit comfortably -

I couldn't stand comfortably -

I just had to stay pefectly still -

I couldn't do anything with this shooting pain. It was by far the worst pain I have ever experienced (I'm sure in 7 months I'll change my mind, but to date this was the worst)

The pain lasted about 4 hours and then started to go away. It was back to that charlie horse feeling in my cheek, I survived.

The next morning I got up and went to work, I felt fine until around 1:30 when it started to come back. I went home, laid down and tried not to move a muscle. This time it lasted about 3 hours and then started to feel better again.

I decided to call the Chiropractor & was able to go in Wednesday, she stretched my muscles back there and adjusted me - As of today I've been 2.5 days without an "episode" and am hoping it will stay that way.



Anyone ever dealt with this? If this is any indicator of the next 7 months of my pregnancy, I can assure you that the next baby I have will be adopted.

Ugh.

No comments: