Tuesday, June 30, 2009

28 Weeks

I can't believe that I have still have 12 weeks to go. I am so uncomfortable already and it really sucks knowing it's just going to get worse.

Here are all the things I used to be able to do & took for granted.




I used to sleep through the night... now I'm up 3-6 times during the night.



I used to be able to bend over without grunting... now I grunt going down and coming back up.



I used to be able to get in and out of bed easily... now I have a foot stool to help me up and down. My bed has never seemed like it was tall until about 2 weeks ago.



I used to be able to sleep with 2 pillows... now I use 5 and sometimes I wish I had an extra.



I used to be able to go hours without peeing... now I go at least once an hour. (Do you realize that's like 24 times a day?)



I used to wear shirts that fit loosely... now everything is so tight.



I used to be a pretty tough cookie... now if you look at me wrong, it's very possible that I will start crying uncontrollably.


Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to be a mom, but the last couple weeks have been rough. I can't fathom being pregnant for almost 3 more months and even worse, getting bigger and bigger over those 3 months.

The baby has REALLY started moving over the last couple weeks and I love feeling her inside me, it's weird and amazing at the same time. Curtis felt her for the first time on Fathers Day. We were having breakfast with his mom and step-dad and she was doing cartwheels in my belly, I had Curtis put his hand right above my belly button and as soon as he did she moved. I love the fact that the first time that he felt her was father's day! No one else has been able to feel her, she's a little shy.

Tomorrow is my last monthly appt, now I will start going to the doc every 2 weeks. Were finally at the final countdown!!

I know this picture is gross cause my mirror is really dirty, but here is the little lady...




2 comments:

Mari said...

Yeah. I almost can't imagine getting more and more uncomfortable and more and more huge over the next couple months. We can do it!

Meggin said...

Oh, I feel your pain. The last trimester was the WORST, even worse than being sick in the first trimester. It is so not fun. The only thing I can say is that you will look back after you have your sweet little baby in your arms and realize it was so worth it!