Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mackinaw Island

So I live 2 hours from the bridge, but I've never been to Mackinaw Island.

Sad huh?


Well since I had family in town (some from Cali & some from AZ) a group of us decided to head to the island. Curtis took the day off work so he could come too. We had so much fun!!


The boys decided to rent bikes and race around the island... Kevin and Bryant went tandem and won!
The fam in front of the fort.
And another shot with the water behind us. (Notice that Kalyn and Mick are looking at each other in both pictures)
Curtis and Kalyn took a stroll along the water while the girls went shopping.

After a long uphill hike Kalyn was tired, so she took a quick snooze. Really we were the ones that needed a break, but she took a power nap for all of us.
The view from halfway up our uphill hike.
Kalyn and Daddy on the boat ride home.
Kalyn and Mommy. (it's a horrible picture of both of us, but it's the only one I have)
All in all it was an amazing day. The weather was great, the shopping was good and the company was AWESOME!
Curtis and I both decided that we didn't have enough time there and are planning on going back before the end of summer. There was so much we wanted to see, but didn't.




1 comment:

Flee said...

Kalyn is so stinky cute! I love Mackinac Island. I miss living so close to such pretty places. Looks like a good time.