Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kalyns new bed

A little over a month ago we decided it was time for Kalyn to move out of her crib. I decided to skip the toddler bed and go straight to a twin to save money and I thought it would be easy to find a used one online.
I was wrong. Apparently I'm too picky.
For the time being we took the front railing off her crib and she slept in that until I found the right bed.

The first couple nights she fell out and woke up on the floor crying. On the 3rd or 4th night I could hear her whimpering, but I could tell she was still asleep. When I went into her room, I almost stepped on her head. She was sleeping on the floor in the middle of the room. After the 5th night, everything was smooth sailing.
After a week or so in her converted crib I found the perfect bed and dresser and bought them. Problem was they were going to take a month to get in.
While we waited I found a twin mattress set on craigslist for $50 and it was like brand new! SCORE!!! We took the crib down and put the mattresses on the floor. She loved sleeping in what she called her "gib birl" bed.
Last week her new bed came in and we were all so excited to put it together. Kalyn helped put the screws in the holes and even helped daddy with the drill.

When it was finally put together and made she had so much fun jumping on it and climbing on and off of it. Shes been sleeping in what she now calls her "new gib birl bed" for about a week and we all love it!


I cant believe how fast my baby is growing. As much as I love all the new things shes learning and all the new stages... I want her to stay little forever.

No comments: