Friday, March 6, 2009

The waiting game

Here is how the last couple weeks break down for me...
~ I've been feeling great, other than 2 days last week when I had some sciatic nerve issues, but with the help of my husband and chiropractor, I've gotten through them.
~ We got the crib and changing table put together. We could have left them in the box for another 6 months, but it was way more fun to see them put together. Every time I walk by the spare room/nursery it makes me smile to see them.
~ Curtis loves to touch my tummy (which I hate) This morning at 4:45 when I got up to go potty he touched my belly and said "11 weeks now, right?" I was too sleepy to tell him that tomorrow will be 11 weeks, close enough babe. He is going to be such a good daddy, I cannot wait until the day I get to see Curtis hold our son or daughter.
~ I pee ALL the time. I had a UTI a couple weeks ago which I thought was the reason that it was happening, but after a week of antibiotics I still tinkle constantly. Anyone else go through this so early in their pregnancy? I get up every hour to 2 hours at night to go. So annoying.

Okay, so Everyone keeps saying to me "enjoy your pregnancy, it goes by so fast" I think they're all full of crap... I feel like time is dragging on and on. I want to meet this little person inside me, but I can't for 29 more weeks, ugh.
The Dr. gave us a due date of Sept. 26th - when I count it back that would mean a conception date of January 4th, IMPOSSIBLE, I took a positive pregnancy test on January 10th. I think he's got my due date at least a week late, if not 2. Oh well, what can you do, I'm scared to death that I'm going to have to deliver a 10# baby because the doctor was wrong.
All I know is I'm so excited, but at this point all I can do is wait. Ugh.

No comments: