Friday, November 28, 2008

Fun times with the one I love

I love the holidays and am looking forward to starting new traditions with my own family. We were at Walmart the other day and I happened upon a gingerbread house kit... I told Curtis I wanted to buy it so we could make one... he of course said no (he must think putting together gingerbread houses are no manly) and I bought it anyway. When he got home from work Monday I had the table & all our "ingredients" ready to go.
Curtis was hesitant, but once we started it turned out to be a lot of fun. A new tradition in the Moore house was created.
We even had a little help from another family member....



Curtis put the "frame"together while I snapped away with the camera
A little break to lick frosting off his fingers
Can you see the concentration in my face? I was working hard.
Princess showed up to help, but decided she wanted to eat the frosting too. I let her do it long enough to get a 30 second video and then we had to move her away and resume our work.
Our self portrait with the finished "house"
... And of course, the finished product. Curtis thought he would make ice sickles (is that how you spell it?) out of frosting, they ended up being globs all over the house. Oh well, we had a lot of fun and that's all the matters. Tonight... the tree goes up!! Hooray

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving!






No comments: