Monday, November 3, 2008

Seriously?!?

What is this world coming to? Just when I think everything in my life is going great... bam... it hits me out of nowhere.
Once in a blue moon I like to treat myself to a very special (& expensive) lunch. Every couple months I like to go to Schelde's for Soup and Salad... I always get Broccoli Cheddar soup and make my salad to go. I enjoy coming back to my office, eating my salad and savoring my amazing soup. It's just so good!! Today was my special day... soup and salad day. I drove to Schelde's, got my food and headed back to my office. I ate my salad and immediately dove into my favorite soup... mmm... how delicious it was, a couple bites in and
wait...
what is this...
this can't be right...
no...
why...
There it was...























an onion!!! Ewww....



Surly this must have been a mistake... a chunk of onion must have fallen in while they were making the soup.
I picked it out and went on my merry way.
I got about 3 more bites in before I saw another piece of onion.
This made me want to search further and sure enough... my bowl of broccoli cheddar soup had somehow turned into broccoli onion cheddar soup. How disappointing :(
Anyone who knows me, knows I hate onions.
I did my best to pick them out and keep eating, but I just couldn't. It was all too much for me to handle, I threw it away and have vowed to myself to find a new favorite soup. I just can't go back to someone who has hurt me so badly...
so today we say goodbye... goodbye to a delicious friend!
It was a great time while it lasted!!

2 comments:

Mari said...

I hate onions too!! And I totally feel your pain. A simple piece of onion can ruin a whole meal. Yuck!

Flee said...

I'm sorry dude! I love their broccoli cheddar soup. It's so good. I'm so glad that you have a blog! I love all of your wedding pics by the way. :)