Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I need a little help

My grandma was hospitalized on Sunday due to a blood infection... She seemed to be doing okay, but last night we had a scare. They called to have the family come up to the hospital. She had taked a turn, she had a fever, and her breathing was labored. Her body is fighting the blood infection as well as a urinary tract infection (that she has had for 5 days and has gone untreated). They weren't sure if she was going to make it, so they called us all up.
They treated her with Tylenol which helped with the fever, had a chest x-ray and a blessing by President Conley and Jim Gartner and antibiotic drip. She started to come around. She had some issues with fluid around her lungs/heart that impeded her breathing, so they gave her a diuretic which kept her running during the night, but she slept well in spite of that.
This morning the nurse said that she believes the doctor knows what the blood infection is from, but we haven't heard yet.
I have never been so scared in my life... no one ever wants to get that call and I'm so glad that she able to pull herself through. It simply wasn't her time to go, so she didn't.
She will be in the hospital for at least 2 more days... please say a little prayer for my Grandma!

1 comment:

Flee said...

OH! I'm so sorry to hear that! I love her! She is such a great lady. She's so funny. Tell her that the "rotten kid" says hi. That what she always called me, well, she still does call me that! :)